Tuna fishing has been contined from the Meiji era in Ichikikushikino-shi, Kagoshima prefecture.
Recently tune is caught from the sea in the world like Cape town in South Africa, Sydney in Australia or Ireland.
– Special lesson by a chef from a seafood restaurant ‘Kaisen Maguro-ya’ selling fresh local fish and tuna caught from wild.
– Deeply learn about tune by knowing, challenging and eating
– Learn by a chef and try to cook ‘Seafood Funamori’ (Sashimi Boat)
– Enjoy the ‘Funamori Lunch Set’ only for the participants in this activity, it is not on the restaurant’s menu
– Operates in all weather conditions all year round
– Not needed to bring anything, we will rent equipment including aprons
9:30- Meeting at ‘Lecture room’ of Ichikikushikino Tourist Information in Shokusai-no-Sato Ichikikushikino
9:40-9:50 Watch video and learn about tuna
9:50-10:50 Lessons for defrosting, cutting and decorating minami-maguro (tuna) by a chef from ‘Kaisen Maguro-ya’
10:50- Take a break and move to the restaurant
11:00- Lunch at a restaurant ‘Kaisen Maguro-ya’ run by Kushikino fishermen’s cooperative
*Tour runs with tourist information staff and a chef.