‘Onibidaki’, a fire festival to pray for good health, has a long history.
The fire blazing up in the dark is immense and attractive.
– Warmed up your body and hearts with local food provided by locals
– Eat local food and enjoy talking with locals
– Experience extraordinary time which is totally different from other destinations and tours
17:00-17:45 Meeting and moving to the villages
18:00-18:30 Lighting ceremony and listening to the story about the festival
18:30-20:30 Visiting each village, seeing different onibidaki and eating local food
20:30-21:15 Taking guests to hotels or the meeting point
[In case of rain]
We will change the tour schedule.
‘Shouch Bars Hopping Tour’ or ‘Weaving Oshima Tsumugi Experience’ (planned)
‘Shouch Bars Hopping Tour’
– Hopping around Shochu Bars at lively ‘Tenmonkan’ shopping arcade in Kagoshima-shi.
– Enjoy the differences of the restaurant itself, the variety of shochu they sell and the food suitable to the shochu.
Note: Children are not allowed to join. Please pay your own food and drinks.
‘Weaving Oshima Tsumugi Experience’ (17:00-18:00)
– A traditional craft ‘Oshima Tsumugi’ from Amami Islands in Kagoshima is one of the three famous textiles in the world.
– Try weaving it with traditional loom.
– Decorate a pen with Oshima Tsumugi and take yours home!
Note: Children can participate. Please pay the fee (JPY 1,210 (tax inlc.)) on site.
*Tour runs with a Chinese or English-speaking guide.