Becoming a swordsmith is really hard. After practicing at qualified swordsmiths, passing the exam (held by Cultural Affairs) is needed. Visit the workshop of Mr. Matsunaga, who has passed through the career and has been making more than 1,000 swords for 42 years.
– Precious opportunity to come close to the scene of making swords by a swordsmith
– This tour comes true thanks to his passion. He has been practicing this tradition and wants to share it with many people.
– Not only watching him making swords also trying out a Japanese sword.
– Special opportunity to talk with qualified Japanese swordsmith master who has passed through the hard career.
– Purchasing Japanese swords is available if guests want.
[Sample Schedule] Total 1 hour 30 mins
– Greeting and seeing one of the process of making swords, forging and folding
– Experience heating and hammering, only for limited number of guests
– Trying out a Japanese sword
– Questions and Answers
This activity is run by the swordsmith. (Foreign languages available by using an interpreting device.)