Get together in Kikuchi-shi in Kumamoto prefecture, where it is famous for beautiful Kikuchi Gorge!
– Kikuchi Furusaya Suigen Koryukan is a center of this experience, which used to be an old school and has nostalgic atmosphere
– Walking through satoyama (a place where nature and people exist in harmony) and enjoy the fields, sounds of wind and water, and scent of vegetation in satoyama.
– Have local sweet and tea at ‘a small truck cafe’ and see the beautiful scenery from there.
– After walking, have special ‘Satoyama Lunch’ cooked by local mothers and made with fresh local food.
– Options: Local Rice Cooking with Hagama Experience or Rice Pounding Experience, using with local rice.
[Itineraries] Total 3 hours 30 mins
10:00 Meeting at ‘Kikuchi Furusato Suigen Koryukan’ (きくちふるさと水源交流館)
10:10-10:50 Try Cooking with fresh food from Satoyama: You will eat it at lunch
10:50-12:30 Footpath Experience
Take a rest at ‘a Small Truck Cafe’ in the middle of the course
12:30-13:30 Having ‘Satoyama lunch’ made with fresh local food
Finish after lunch
– Rice Cooking with Hagama Experience (additional 1 hour 30 mins)
– Rice Pounding Experience (additional 2 hours, taking the rice cakes home)
*Tour runs with a guide. (English or Korean speaking guides are available by requesting in advance)