In Yame in the south of Fukuoka, various traditional crafts have been passed down by artisans and tasteful Yame tea has been grown for centuries.
[1 hour drive from Fukuoka city. Full of histories and nature in Yame]
– Cafes, shops and accommodation of renovated old houses and long-established brewery in nostalgic town
– Find various kinds of traditional crafts’ exhibitions: gorgeous ‘Yame Fukushima Butsudan’, warm lighting ‘Yame Chochin’, complicated patterns textile ‘Kurume Kasuri’ and so on
– Try handmade Japanese paper experience in Yame Traditional Craft Museum
– Tasteful Yame tea including luxurious Gyokuro grown in Yame. Experience exceptional taste in the producing place.
– In mountain side, you will see beautiful rice terraces and the starry sky at night.