Guided cycling tour to fully enjoy Aso’s rich nature and talking with local people
– Climbing up a hill where you can look down the field at a glance and listening to the story about the volcano
– Cycle around the rural landscapes and have an authentic lunch cooked with local vegetables. The secret of the deliciousness is pure water
– Try baking rice cakes like balloons
– Moving to a temple through back alley. Have Japanese tea in the tea room, strike a bell and feel Japanese culture.
– Strolling around a shrine and shopping street and learning the locals’ lives with volcanoes
10:00-10:20 Orientation in the tatami room in Michi-no-eki Aso
10:20-10:30 Practicing eBike in a park
10:30-11:00 Moving to a hill, Honzuka
11:00-11:20 Listening to a story about Mt.Aso, caldera and grasslands at the top of the hill, where the field can be seen
11:20-12:00 Cycling in the rural landscapes and enjoy a small shrine and old buildings
12:00-13:20 Baking rice cakes and having original vegetable lunch At Mochitoko – Might be able to try picking vegetables if you are lucky
13:20-13:25 Passing through bamboos and a cattle shed
13:25-13:35 A cedar called ‘Go’ou-san no Sugi’: It is said that the cedar is more than 1000 years old. It was struck by thunders before, but still alive.
13:35-14:00 Moving through back alleys
14:00-15:00 Japanese tea experience (Urasenke) and striking a bell at Gokuraku-ji
15:05-15:30 Strolling around Aso shrine and Monzenmachi shopping area: Enjoy footbath and shopping
15:30-15:35 Moving to water spring
15:35-15:45 Yakuinbaru natural spring
15:45-16:00 Moving and seeing Aso’s rich water springs
16:00 Finish at Michi-no-eki Aso
[Options] Zazen experience and Sutra copying experience are available. (please ask)
*Tour runs with an English and Japanese speaking tour guide.