A guided tour to learn and experience the doctrine and skills of Satsumabushi, samurais from Kagoshima, they started the Meiji Restoration.
– Held in ‘Fumoto’, former samurai residences built around the castle in Kagoshima
– Learn the satsumabushi’s doctrine ‘Nisshinkou Iroha Uta’ handed down for more than 400 years
– Change into clothing for Budo (武道), Japanese martial arts, and experience Jōdō (杖道) and Iaido (居合道).
– Special tour only in Kagoshima; learn Japanese culture, traditions, arts and hospitality from Japanese tea ceremony
[Schedule] Total 2 hours 30 mins
– Meeting and moving to a room (5 mins)
– Changing into Budo-gi, clothing for Budo (10 mins)
– Demonstrating and experiencing Jōdō (杖道) and Iaido (居合道), and taking photos (45 mins)
– Guided walk to Takeda shrine and Inishie-no-Michi (45 mins)
– Tea ceremony experience in Registered Tangible Cultural Property ‘Sameshima-tei’ (25 mins)
– Moving to shrine (10 mins)
– Change clothes (10 mins)
*Tour runs with an English-speaking tour guide and Japanese-speaking tour guide.